Skip to main content

Generalization

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A very dangerous yet prevalence disease in social media which is generalization. Taking from a single doubtful source is not the way to judge someone. It must be otherwise taken from different trusted sources. The most untrusted source is something originated from an opposition of a party about the opposed party. Do not always trust what is told about UMNO from PAS and vice versa.

In this case, judging people, we need to be very particular. Have a sound mind away from any inclination to a particular party. It is almost impossible actually to have nil inclination, but it needs to be controlled as to not being bias and to be rational enough. That is what a truth seeker does. No matter from where it comes, truth is always truth.

A good way of delivering facts is perfectly shown in Al-Quran. When it named a group with a particular name, it did so by limiting people included in the group so as to not putting someone in the group he or she does not belong to, even in describing disbelivers or hypocrites. It taught us to be fair to everyone regardless his or her side.

We should think by ourselves. If it seems vague, refer trusted sources. World is surely much better when it is cured from this disease.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter To Ratchet

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم Dear Ratchet. It was just a few minutes before Maghrib, I was told by my friend that you had been kidnapped. I didn't react much, just asked my friend how did it happen. He told me that the lock was being cut and it happened before Fajr. To be grief is too mainstream and even can't bring you back. Police report couldn't be made because I didn't yet get you a plate number that I had planned to do after I reach 21. To blame anyone is also useless although I could smell an odour of reckless in the one I asked to keep you. However, thing has happened. Your loss reminds me to my iPod that I had lost it after only a month from our acquaintance. It was 4 months ago since we first met. I still remember how I could fall in love with you from the first sight. It seems like our relationship is too short to come to its end. I am just started to know yourself, but He loves His servant more. He doesn't want me to love you more than Him. 

Milestones in Life

We all have milestones in life. From the moment we got out of our mothers' womb, we already had out first milestone, which is moving from womb to world. From that moment onwards, we start crying, sitting, crawling, walking, running and speaking. Then, entering school, college and the list goes on. These milestones actually help us focus and play a role as a motivation for us to reach them. If none of these milestones existed, life would be dull and nonexiciting as we had nothing to look for in short time. However, they are not the end of the story. Instead, just footsteps to reach the final goal. For me as a muslim, my final goal is the hereafter. All of the things I might encounter in this world are not the ultimate goal. "Know that that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion.." (Al-Hadid:20). Knowing this fact is extremely important as to make us realise where to put things on its place accordingly. Believe me, those milestones will keep changing

Final Year

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم New semester is going to start in two weeks. It is my final year of medical school in foreign land. To express the feeling, it is a mixture of happy and grief. Happy for being a step closer before having an MBBCh, grief for leaving this land soon. Having a glance at what has happened through these five years, it gives me so much memories, good and bad. The plan I sketched during my first year currently makes me astonished for I was being too ambitious. Yeah, you know first year is the time where everything seems possible to achieve. Now, it is final year. Too much things to do, too less time left. That is where the dilemma comes. Where do I need to focus on? If everyhing is done, nothing will be achieved. The fact that this might be the last chance for me being in a foreign land, I cannot waste my time doing things that will not add to my take home supply before going back for good. Finishing job is much harder than starting it.